Whether you’re a first-time mom or have had children before, you will benefit from this class and learn about what you’ll experience.
This class is designed for the mother and her birth partner, and covers the following topics:
- The baby’s development throughout the pregnancy
- What to expect during the birth process and post-partum period
- Relaxation methods and breathing techniques
- Pain management during delivery
- Tours of the Women’s Suite at Southampton Memorial Hospital or tour of the Women’s Center at Sentara Obici Hospital
Moms should register for the class when they are around 28 weeks of pregnancy
To register for classes at Southampton Memorial Hospital please call the Women's Suite at (757) 569-6350.
To register for classes at Sentara Obici Hospital please call 1-800-SENTARA or click here. Other classes offered at Sentara Obici are:
- Childbirth and parenting class
- Sibling class
- Breastfeeding class
- Infant/child CPR